Fifteenth Annual General Meeting
Changes to the Articles of Association are necessary in order to comply with the Companies Act 2006. The FBHVC has taken legal advice regarding the difference between member organisations that are incorporated versus those that are unincorporated bodies. For the purposes of the Companies Act the member organisations that are incorporated can vote on resolutions at the meeting as a legal entity. An unincorporated organisation does not have a legal persona and, in the eyes of the law, is not able to hold a position of member - but at this AGM only the person given as the 'nominated contact' on the FBHVC database may vote. Any organisation may appoint a proxy other than the FBHVC nominated contact if they so wish, though for an unincorporated organisation the Form will have to be signed by the 'nominated contact'. Please be assured that once the Articles of Association have been amended we will put in place a process to ensure that all member organisations, be they incorporated or not, will be able to have equivalent voting rights
The fifteenth Annual General Meeting of the Federation of British Historic Vehicle Clubs Limited will take place at 1100 in the C S Rolls Wing of the Hunt House, Paulerspury, near Towcester, Northants. NN12 7NA on Saturday, 11 October 2014 for the following purposes:
1. To consider and approve the minutes of the Annual General Meeting held on Saturday, 19 October 2013 as made available to members in November 2013. [Copies available on request]
2. To receive the Financial Statements for the year ending 31 May 2014.
3. Election of Directors. [See note below]
4. To receive the Report of the Directors.
5. To amend the Articles of Association in line with the Companies Act 2006.
Nominations for directors to fill the posts of chairman, deputy chairman, finance, and communications are required by 31 August 2014.