January Scramble at Bicester Heritage
January sees the return of the Scramble open day to Bicester Heritage, the Home of Historic Motoring.
We’re delighted to announce the return of our Scramble open day event to Bicester Heritage on Saturday 9th and Sunday 10th January 2021!
Join us as we celebrate the start of a new year and throw open the gates to our Home of Historic Motoring. Explore the latest additions to our beautiful former RAF Bomber Station and visit the 45 industry-leading specialist businesses based in our restored historic buildings. This truly is an open day event, unlike any other.
This Scramble’s format harks back to the early days of Bicester Heritage, with a smaller COVID-compliant attendance of just 2000 visitors, with a curated display of historic cars along the tree-lined avenues of our 1920s ‘Technical Site’. Laid back, eclectic and with an ever-changing automotive display, our time-warp base has an unrivalled atmosphere.
Family and dog friendly, the Scramble is a wonderful way to while away the hours on a Sunday morning in the company of some spectacular machines at the best-preserved WW2 RAF Bomber Station in the country.
We have updated the pass (ticket) booking system for 2021. Passes are per person and are set at one price for all. Children under 16 yrs are free.
Well behaved dogs are welcome but must be kept on a lead at all times.
- Passes for this event are per person and are only available in advance. They will not be available to purchase at the gate on the day. Please book early to avoid disappointment.
- The purchase price for each Pass includes a 50p donation towards Starter Motor, a Bicester Heritage based charity with the sole intention of putting young enthusiasts in the driving seat. To find out more please visit startermotor.co.
- Children under 16 years of age may attend free of charge, but still require a Pass.
- Well behaved dogs are welcome but must be kept on a lead at all times.
- Parking for all visitors including pre-1990 vehicles will be around the outskirts of our airfield, a change from the previous Scramble format.
- The Bicester Heritage ‘Technical Site’ will contain a curated collection of display cars set by the Bicester Heritage specialist businesses. Unless invited to display, please do not arrive early as you will not have access to the Technical Site.
- Due to limited capacity and our new Scramble format, specific car club displays will not be taking place.
- This event is outdoors in January! Please dress appropriately in warm clothes with shoes suitable for exploring our site.
This event has been designed to be COVID compliant, set outdoors within plenty of space, with a reduced visitor attendance number and socially distanced queuing systems in place.
Passes will be scanned through your car windows, please ensure that all attendees have their passes ready at the ticket check, either on their phone or printed on paper.
Test & Trace requires the lead pass holder to add their details when booking passes.
We ask that face masks are worn at all times, apart from when consuming food and drinks.
You can also join our mailing list so that you’ll be the first to know about the next events at Bicester Heritage.